Chakra affirmations:- Chakra also called the disk or wheel, are the energy centers in the body of any individual, each corresponding to certain nerve bundles or major organs of the human body. These chakras need to be in balance and harmony and open for the body to function at its very best. A blockage in any of the chakra areas will hamper the functioning of those nerves or organs related to that chakra. On the face of it, there are 7 main chakras which all run on the spinal cord. These begin from the base of the spinal cord and run-up to the head ie the crown area. There are 2 more chakras over the crown. However, the major ones are 7.
Repeating affirmations and visualizations which we are giving for our mind bringing it into practice in our life for the seven chakras is a complete solution to many of our problems. Affirmations are just one more way by which the specific chakra can be balanced. Saying these affirmations over and over again assists the healing process and also helps to restore balance to that part of your body and life.
Om chanting is said to remove all the negative blocks in the body of an individual. Om is the highest form of chanting. However one can also chant mantras Lam, Vam, Ram, Yum, Aum relating to respective chakras namely base, and also do meditation by just listening to chants to remove the Sahasrara chakra block.
It is important that the chakra blockages be removed and to open the chakra to get everything in life.
Rules To Be Followed
There are some basic rules to be followed before starting the affirmations:
1. Sit in a quiet place.
2. Do not sit on the floor. Use a mat or plank or any asan if sitting on the ground.
3. Sit in a straight pose with a straight spine. One can also lie down if you are unable to sit.
4. Close your eyes and feel the breath coming in and going out.
Then focus on breath, absolve every vibration on the frequency that comes your way, and as you breathe down to root chakra feel the vibrations and chant and say the affirmations.
The process of chakra affirmations can go in this order -starting from the root ie the base or the mooladhara, chant the root chakra affirmations namely-
Root Chakra Affirmations:-
- I will excel in life, say I feel protected and secure.
- I am linked to my body.
- I have faith in myself.
- I am extremely ingrained.
- I make healthy preferences.
- I am grounded and unwavering.
Then moving to the sacral channel i.e. the Swadishtana say the following sacral chakra affirmations-
Sacral Chakra Affirmations:-
- I bow to you and have a high opinion of my body and I take care of my body.
- I am zealous.
- I allow myself to experience happiness.
- I adore my body and I embrace my sexuality.
- I am balanced.
Then again moving up to the solar plexus towards the abdominal i.e. is Manipura. Then affirm and chant the solar plexus affirmations that-
Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations:-
- I feel my own authority.
- I respect myself.
- I am physically powerful and courageous.
- I am proud of myself and my achievements.
- I decide the best for myself and also affirm that I am the designer of my life. I also accept that as I grow I learn as well.
As we move up to the heart chakra ie the Anahata, chant the heart chakra affirmations by saying-
Heart Chakra Affirmations:-
- I am open to love.
- I pardon myself and I pardon others.
- I am a connected service.
- I am one with nature.
- I live in equilibrium and serenity.
- I am filled with courage and I am calm.
From there moving to the throat chakra say and chant the following throat chakra affirmations
Throat Chakra Affirmations:-
- I talk only about reality.
- I live an offense free life and have integrity.
- I am filled with the power of the spirit.
- I nurture myself with creativity and I easily speak my feeling.
- I have a voice and use it.
- I share my experiences and wisdom with this.
Finally moving towards the third eye chakra affirmations in silence, place our attention towards the third eye. Here chant or affirm that –
- I am linked to the wisdom of the universe.
- I am intuitive, I learn from my experiences.
- I am in touch with my inner guidance.
- I listen to the wisdom of others.
- I am open to inspiration.
- I am a wise decision-maker is also one of this third eye chakra affirmation.
Now tending towards the crown chakra i.e. the crown of our head, Say the following crown chakra affirmations-
- I am linked to the universe and the wisdom of the universe.
- I have faith in my instinct.
- I sense myself to be at 1 with others and nature.
- I am open to divine knowledge and I reside in the present moment.
Words are also a form of energy, especially when what is spoken is positive. Thinking in a particular thought sends energy to the chakra related and that will either block the chakra or overstimulate them or then balance them. So by speaking positive affirmations to the chakras positive vibes are passed on to those related areas thus curing the blocked space.
Remember there is scientific evidence to show that 20 percent of energy is being consumed by your brain. If you bring this down i.e. without much fluctuation if it learns to be still and do only what is needed a lot of personal power is developed. Reduce your words and physical movement by 50 percent then see the result.
Conclusion: One may note that when there is a complete equilibrium in the mentality, body as well as soul, the authentic personality will come into being. Where there are imbalances the chakras are affected and certain yoga, meditation, or stating of certain affirmations helps to heal the chakra imbalance.